Use Your Digital Camera to Preserve Keepsakes

If you have children, you probably have boxes and scrapbooks of things your children made in school that you are keeping. Have you ever wished you had a better way to keep these treasures without having boxes full of these things?

I recently decided to downsize. With that job comes the problem of 'what should I keep and what should I get rid of'? Relax, there is an easy solution to this problem. Why not keep them all? Just get out your digital camera and photograph them? It's an easy way to keep all your treasures without all the storage boxes, just put the pictures of them in a photo album or on a disc.

Start when they are little and scan their artwork with a scanner. Upload them to a photo website like Snapfish. You will always have them and you can order prints and make "memory" books by year or events. Also scan their school pictures, etc. If they have a project that is too big to scan, take a photo of them holding it and upload it.

Make sure to title the picture with the grade and date. As they outgrow their stuffed animals, take pictures of them with the animals. Always upload them to the website. You will keep the "clutter" down and always have the memories without the guilt. The "memory" books make great gifts for relatives, etc. Especially the grandparents and such that live far away.

I don't have children, but I have seen amazing ideas on Pinterest. Children's artwork takes up a bunch of room... Sooo some parents were taking photos of their children's artwork. (I think scanner apps are great as long as the resolution is good) After the artwork is made digital, the photos can be made into books or displayed on the wall. (I have the links at the bottom because I was just horrible at explaining...)

My issue has been whether to get a photo scanner, that is better than a regular printer/scanner, or get a camera. I have been doing genealogy work. It would be nice to have something portable, that gets great resolution, so I could scan things on the go. Photos, newspaper clippings, heirlooms, and etc.

www.pinterest.com/.../

www.pinterest.com/.../

www.pinterest.com/.../

Organizing ChildrenSeptember 11, 2013
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-16 09:36:53 in 754 msecs. ⛅️️