What Is This Bug? (Silverfish)

Category Bugs
Silverfish are a pest that needs to be gotten rid of immediately. What is this bug? (silverfish).

I found one in the kitchen and I found one in the bathroom of my new place.

This is a small, simple looking, long bug with small feet that are not very prominent. It is dark gray on the top, and on its underside, it's white. It does not appear to have wings or any really noticeable features.

What's odd about it is that is sort of waves or wiggles when it moves, rather than scuttling like a normal bug.

What is this bug? Why is it here, how big of a problem is it, and how would I get rid of them?

Yasmin

Answers

By Betsy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

It might be Silverfish, I find those in my house every now and then.

By guest post (Guest Post)

I'm not sure on the real name but we call them pill bug when you touch them they roll up in a ball and look like a pill.

By (Guest Post)

I know what you mean. They are not those, but thanks...

They are smaller, more narrow, and they definitely "swim" rather than walk across the floor!

Eekkkk, maybe if you put the bug in a plastic bag and bring down to Home Depot or a garden nursery near you they may be able to help you identify the critter! Good Luck.