AutumnCrafts

Yarn Covered Pumpkin

I love these foam ones from the Dollar Tree. This one I covered in different yarns and inserted a couple crochet hooks for good measure!

Total Time: 1. Hours

Yield: 1

1. For this yarn pumpkin, I simply chose yarn that was a bit darker so it would show up. You can use white, black, or anything in between. Hot glue the end of the yarn to the bottom, or the top since you are going to take that stem off. Keep wrapping and glue occasionally to secure, but always on top or bottom.
  2. I then simply wrapped several colors around until I liked it. Using gold, burgundy, and deep orange, I wanted some of the orange to show through, but if you don't you can paint the pumpkin.
  3. Advertisement

4. The crochet hooks will be done now or at the end. But for the stem, I did a chain 3 and 15 half doubles. Join with slip stitch. Because you are going to make 5 petals, you need a center stitch to make them with, so your work has to be an odd number, so you have that center stitch.
  5. Once you joined, make a single crochet, half double, double in the second stitch. Chain 1 and reverse the order in that same stitch. Then, slip stitch in the 5th stitch of your first 5. Your first petal is made. Repeat that one more time. When you do the center one, modify it just a bit. Do the single, half double and double, but add a treble and then repeat in the reverse order. Make 2 more smaller petals around and you can then slip stitch in the beginning of the first stitch. Now you can make the runner.
  6. The runner is simply a chain that you are going to make curl. I did 24 stitches, but you can do it longer. Make 3 singles in each chain back to the leaf. Slip stitch and break off, tying the tails in the back and trimming the ends. They won't show so hide them anyway you want. I didn't make mine connected to the base of the leaf, but I will from now one. Less tails to deal with.
  7. To make the stem, crochet 2 and make a single crochet in the 2nd chain. Chain one and turn, making a single crochet in that stitch, and the next ones. Keep this triangle going till you have about 18. Then glue the edge of the work and roll into a cone shape. Be careful, glue guns can give you 2nd degree burns. You can also sew it if you prefer. Glue to the top of the pumpkin and glue the leaf to the top of the pumpkin and there you have it!!
  8. Advertisement

I always love your yarn crafts. I am a beginner crocheter and you make me want to give it more effort!

I hope you do!

I really like this one, especially the leaf and vine.

Crafts AutumnOctober 21, 2019
🎃
🍂