Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I don't always get these thrifty tips and don't know if this has been addressed.
I went to a fire demo where flour was thrown on a fire. It burst into flame before ever contacting the fire. He said all powders do this except baking soda. So be careful when putting out a fire.
My mum got my brother up in the loft today to install a fire alarm up there. Until I spoke to her on the phone today I never even thought to do that. I have smoke alarms in all rooms except the bathroom but never thought of the spacious loft above me. I am 'alarmed' at myself for not thinking about this also. So, I am passing on this tip; it could save your life one day.
Clean your chimney at least once a year so there's no build up which can cause a fire.
By Aurelia Casson