Poll: Are you prepared for hurricane season?

Today's poll asks: Are you prepared for hurricane season? Post your answer below.

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the forum below.

Sorry when it comes to Hurricanes no one is prepared for one. The best way is to get away from the areas that will be hit if u can.

We DO have earthquakes here. We keep BOTTLED WATER for drinking, Plus a couple of gals. of water to which I added a few drops of liquid soap for washing, canned food/juices with a manual can opener, flash lights and extra batteries, paper goods with trash bags, empty five gal.bucket with trash bag liners and lid.(You can guess what that could be used for.) Antibactrial hand soap.
bar of soap,wash cloth,towel for each person, EXTRA pair of shoes in the car trunk with first aid kit,We each have a months supply of our medicines set aside to grab if needed for the car, a 99 cent store camera in each car.pencil and paper to write notes for family ,tacks & tape stamps, And change /small amount of cash, Blankets ,Jackets ,change of clothes, ( I have PJ's in my kit) Food bars, Peanut Butter/crackers, Drinks to GO powder, instant tea,coffee,and oatmeal. Battery Radio, Lanterns

PET FOOD,water dish,extra leash & carrier. Some family snapshots in a ziplock bag. Each car has a kit and the garage has a well stocked pantry.I'm sure I have forgotten some things, but this is a start.
GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE.GG Vi

Although I live in a pretty "hurricane free" zone - I do believe in being prepared. In addition to a stocked pantry, 30 gallons of water, cash, etc - after watching the devastation of Katrina, we purchased a 'crank' radio w/ a light and siren. They are relatively inexpensive and can go for many hours on just 1 minute of cranking. It also has the battery back-up, but at some point, the batteries will wear down.