Water Spots on Antique Crystal?

My antique crystal has water spots caused by lime in the water over the years. How can I clean the spots off? I've tried vinegar water, window cleaner and bleach - none of them worked.

Scarlet Coers from IL

By Anne From MD (Guest Post)

I hate to say it, but the item may be permanently etched by the minerals in the water...no amount of cleaning will get that kind of mark off, and you'll just create others by trying more and more aggressive cleaners. Glass/crystal is not impervious! Maybe leave well enough alone, and enjoy the antiques along with their patina of age.....

By (Guest Post)

Full strength vinegar!

By Dawn (Guest Post)

I don't know if it will work but my mom use to use a little amonia in the sink with cleaning her crystal and her water was really bad. it worked. Hope this helps

By Robert Hurley (Guest Post)

I have a beautiful hand blown vase which has become gray from water - I only tried to wipe out some dust and where ever the water touched the vase it ias turned gray. Can you help me figure out how to restore it? rhhurley22 (at) yahoo.com

Editor's Note: You could try soaking it with a mixture of water and white distilled vinegar, say 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar. It may be lime deposits and this would help remove them.

By Todd (Guest Post)

A jeweler can sometimes polish these out for you.

Home and Garden Cleaning CrystalNovember 16, 2005
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf15703680.tip.html