AdviceClothing

Accessorizing Straw Hats

I have two straw hats for the summer, one white and one tan. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding how to accessorize these hats easily?

Thanks so much,
Anjeena from New York

Try tying some pretty silk scarves around them that coordinate with your outfit.

Plain straw hats are fun to decorate. You can also use ribbon for a band with a bow - Or add flowers to the band - Or if you want to make it permanent, hot glue (or otherwise) things to the hat itself. I have a safari hat I got with a little compass and plastic bugs glued to it...Or you can use all those decorative pins with pinbacks to decorate the band...

Here's some things i do to accessorize hats:

tie a pretty scarf around it

glue on some flowers and add some butterflies or bees
glue on a pair of sunglasses

meant to say a pair of those big oversized novelty sunglasses

I found a nice sheer scarf and tied it around the crown. Now I display my collection of brooches on the band, changing both scarf and pins according to my outfit.

By sodagirl (Guest Post)

Oooo The white one could be decorated for 4th of July, with some silk flowers and ribbon all red, white and blue How cute!!!

By Michele (Guest Post)

If you are wanting to wear these and not just use as a decoration...they have huge brooches at Walmart in the craft section...very nice looking. Good luck to you.

By Ramzey (Guest Post)

Do you have a head wrap? You could wrap it around your hat. Got some cute buttons? Those would look cute too just placed on a hat at random places.

Maybe a couple feathers on the side. You can come up with all kinds of things! Oh, small beads strung here and there.

Anonymous

My THANKS to Everyone for the information you sent re accessorizing straw hats. Sorry it took so long to respond, but I had trouble finding it. So I put in questions "straw hats" and got it. There has to be a better way, but anyway, thanks so much to all of you ...
I can really use these responses ... great and creative ideas you all sent.
Anjeena

I love the silk scarf idea! Why not go with a handmade one, they have some beautiful ones here:

http://www.lizz  silk-scarf-here/

Straw hats are so fun to decorate! For the white one, try tieing a colorful ribbon around it, something that makes it stand out.

Also pair them with a sundress or khaki and your good to go!