FurnitureCleaning

Removing Mark Left by Sticker

I had a knick knack on my wood table. Apparently, there was a sticker on the bottom which left a mark on the table. It isn't sticky and I've tried using baby oil and furniture polish to remove the mark, but nothing works. It looks like a shiny spot where the knick knack was. Any ideas?

Angel from New York

By dolly (Guest Post)

After picking the sticker off, just give a little spray of WD-40 or any other spray lubricant and it will just rub off, then clean with hot soapy water.

By kay (Guest Post)

Try using a washcloth and regular alcohol. Put some alcohol on the corner of the cloth and rub the area where the sticker was, it should take the stickey part right off. Also can be used to remove stickers from any package you receive. Good luck.
kay

I agree with WD40 - I have used it with success to remove left over sticky from labels. Brasso may also do it - but not so good on polished furniture.

By Heather (Guest Post)

I'm not sure how this will work with wood, but I have used peanut butter to take sticky stuff off of various non-fabric items. You just spread it on and let it sit for a few hours. I am concerned that he greasiness of the PB may stain the wood. But if you have a way to get the grease stain out...

By Wendy from Oz (Guest Post)

Euclyptus oil will take off all those nasty sticky marks left by labels & price tags. It's a good idea to leave some in with your wrapping items, to get off all those sticky marks left after removing the price stickers - usually put on the most prominent place on items. (very frustrating!)

Cheers
Wendy

By carol (Guest Post)

WOW Thanks. WD40 worked in seconds. Thanks

By river. (Guest Post)

what i use to get sticker marks off off anything plastic is toothpaste, just put a little on your finger and rub it around and wipe it off

By Elliot (Guest Post)

I used my dads invention, orange glow polish, and it comes off as soon as it touches it.

Sprayed that sticker on my sewing table, the price sticker where we bought it at an auction, It was really on there, and left the oil on for about fifteen minutes, got one of those razor blade scraper, and it rolled right off. Thanks.