Leather vs. Plastic or Vinyl Shoes and Purses

Real leather shoes and bags wear better in the long run, and can be polished and waxed. BUT in the rain (or the snow), PLASTIC or vinyl has the benefit of not being ruined by water. So I have a vinyl bag I am using in the rain, and have always had "rain shoes" made of faux leather to use in the impending rain to save my better shoes (clogs work really well, too.)

By pam from L.A., CA

By Lin (Guest Post)

I have some leather shoes that perform very well in wet weather. I would like to see a wider range of leather goods in the shops and a reduction in the use of plastic. Leather not only performs better as a material for shoes, bags, belts etc, but are also much more environmentally friendly because it is natural.

Consumer Advice Clothing TipsApril 4, 2006
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
Generated 2020-07-15 22:07:35 in 899 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19806498.tip.html

TipsClothing