FurnitureCleaning

New Dresser Smell Getting On Clothing

I just purchased a dresser for my baby's room and it has that new wood smell. All of my baby's clothes are picking up the smell. Does anyone know how to eliminate the odor?

Jennifer

By bronson (Guest Post)

put some arm n hammer baking soda in the drawers. after the biggest part of the smell is gone you can get cedar shavings a lowes or home depot

By Crystale (Guest Post)

place a couple of dryer sheets inside the drawers

By Tonya (Guest Post)

Be careful using dryer sheets on small babies. The chemicals are not good for them. Allergies and other problems may arise from using them.

Dove soap bars (2 bars per drawer) in the drawer take away the smell and are non irritant to babies. Place one bar in the front and one in the back of the drawer. The smell is so clean! Great for big kids and adults, too!

By m. (Guest Post)

I had the same problem. My babies newly washed clothes and blankets smelled like complete chemicals--from the new dresser/changing table by Jardine enterprises (babies r us) I tried leaving them open and the arm & hammer...neither worked completely...just returned to store and waiting for a new one that hopefully doesn't smell....