ClothingCrafts

Paint For Drawing Designs on Shirts

Category Clothing

I'm trying to find a way to paint designs onto shirts. I have tried paint pens, which soak through, and I don't want to use fabric paint because I want it to lay flat on the shirt. I also want a paint that will not be stiff. Any suggestions?

Holly

By Donna (Guest Post)

You will like the results from fabric paint......It leaves the fabric soft to touch and works like any other paint. Do not buy dimensional paint for fabric as they are designed to leave a raised design. Also you can buy textile medium that is used as an additive for acrylic paints and gives satisfactry results. I paint on shirts often. I put a cardboard covered in plastic into the shirt between the layers to prevent colors from going thrugh the fabric onto layers you don't want painted. follow the instructions on the paint bottles for setting the color.....often ironing with fairly high heat or time in a hot clothes dryer. Have fun and you will have unique items of wearables!!

By Knitter in Illinois (Guest Post)

Years ago I did paint embroidery using paint from a company called TriChem. I know people who used it instead of thread on clothes. You could check the internet to find how to contact them.

I did a couple years ago and they were still in business. Or check your craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby for other brands of paint embroidery.