Removing Rust Stains from Carpet

Category Carpet
Removing rust stains on carpet is generally easy enough to do with products you already have around the house. This is a guide about removing rust stains from carpet.

Is it possible to remove a rust stain that has set in my carpet? A plant stand left a rust stain on the carpet. Help!

By Bonnie from Des Moines

Answers

Best Answer

Whink rust stain remover at Home Depot or Lowes.

Best Answer

I would apply some CLR with an old toothbrush. Scrub it in and let it soak. Then re-apply and soak it again. About 15 minutes each time. Then douse the small area with water and use a worn towel you won't miss to soak up the CLR and water. Then douse it again with water and towel dry it again. Then if you need to, do CLR again and repeat the process.

A professional cleaner steamed our carpet. The piano was set on some kind of papery shield, but the piano wasn't setting on the shield and there was a rust circle the size of a dime! It is on a light carpet.

By MF

Answers

Try using some oxyclean on the spot.

Try 2 parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part blue dawn.

I had an old metal bed. When I lifted the bed up, the bottom of the bed leg fell off and a heaps of rust fluid came out of it. Now my carpet is stained. I have tried everything and nothing works. What remedies do you suggest to use, homemade of course. Does vinegar work?

By Vic from New Zealand

Answers

Sorry it is not quite what you are looking for, but Spotshot works well on rust.