Flying Bugs on My Lawn

I recently just removed about six fruit trees from my back yard, so i would have more lawn and now i have a millions of these little flying insects, maybe gnats. How would i get rid of them? Please respond if you have a solution for this nasty little problem

Fernando from California

Fernando,
Do you have any standing water on or near your property? We have these little pesky gnats in Missouri, too. They reproduce the same way that mosquitos do. If you can't remove the stagnant water source, try adding a few drops of bleach to the water. Also, contact your locally owned garden center (not the big box type) because they will be familiar with the types of critters that are "bugging" you. Of course they will want to sell you their product, but because they are local and experienced, you will most likely have good results. Good Luck! Joni

By Frank (Guest Post)

Fernando,

I had the same problem. After trying bleach, dishwashing liquid, and a number of other things, I decided to use Diazinon, a recommendation from my neighbor who had lived in Florida, growing oranges.

One spray and a few day later, not a single one was around. Give it a try and good luck.

By onecutebirdie@adelphia.net (Guest Post)

Fernando,

I have the same problem and decided to search online. I seen your comment. Have you found anything out on how to get rid of them?

Roberta
Glendora, CA