Lye Free Laundry Soap

I make laundry soap for myself and both daughters-in-law. We all really like it and it is so easy. One batch makes 2 gallons of soap and this is how I do it.

I grate 1/3 bar of Fels Naptha soap into some amount (like a gallon) of water on the stove with my cheese grater. You could probably use any bar soap, but I like Fels Naptha.

When the bar soap is all melted I add 1/2 cup of washing soda and 1/2 cup of borax. Stir that until it is dissolved. Pour in a 2 gallon bucket and add hot water from stove top until the bucket is filled. You will need some stirring room though. After you stir it, let it sit for 24 hours.

It will have a look of "chicken fat" on top. Stir that up really well and pour into jugs. Shake well each time and use 1/2 cup per load. I also use vinegar as my fabric softener, too. There is no static and the clothes are soft with a clean smell. Your soap will look like "egg drop soup" with the eggs whites in it. That is normal just shake bottle before use. I hope you like this, we sure do and it costs almost nothing to make.

Source: I Googled on the internet "homemade laundry soap" and I found this one.

By Rita from Bethany, MO

Except that Fels Naptha does have lye, technically speaking, so it's not lye-free.

All real soap is made with lye but at the end of the soap making process there is no lye left over in the soap. No lye no soap.

Naphtha and palm oil was the beginning of napalm . I would be wary using Naphtha for anything if you care about the environment or life on earth! Very toxic

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesOctober 25, 2011
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf34387105.tip.html