Laundry RecipesCleaning Supply Recipes

Homemade Dryel Cloths

The dry cleaning sheets you buy at the store to use in the dryer are great, but expensive. Does anyone know how to make your own?

By mimi from Dallas, TX

I don't know, but the actual Dryel box says that the "dryer activated cloth contains water, preservatives, a fiber protection agent and perfume." Which to me sounds like a combination of water and fabric softener sprayed on a cloth. You might experiment with that combo.

You can try this: http://www.oneg  ning-cloths.html

Wow, I think I am asking for a new "homemade" recipe! I love the Dryel system for refreshing my "dry clean only" fabrics (wool, nylon, acetate, rayon, silk, etc.). But has anyone tried to make their own dry cleaning sheets? They must be very damp, and placed in with the clothes in the Dryel bag (or similar, I guess). Mine is fabric with the zipper, so it lasts longer than the original nylon.

I will be experimenting and post here, but please add your own experiences and input!

camo_angels from Willamina, OR

Answers:

Homemade Dryel Cloths

I kinda got close once by keeping the old Dryel cloth and wetting it down, then spraying it with Febreeze. It was okay, but Dryel must add something I can't figure out. (12/09/2007)