Making Burp Cloths for Infants
March 13, 2015
Read More Comments
I had extra fabric after making bibs for my niece. You never have enough burp clothes when babies are small, at least not many that look fun, so I made these for my brother and his wife. They're also large enough to mop up spills when my niece gets older.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 yd flannel
- 1 spool thread
- 1 cloth diaper
- straight pins
- sewing shears
- hand needle
- Pin cloth diaper to preshunk flannel, make sure to measure 5/8 of an inch all the way around the cloth diaper for the seam allowance.
- Cut out fabric, cutting along edge. The outer edge of pins used to mark seam allowance.
- Pin wrong sides together making sure to leave a 2-3 inch opening to turn right side out.
- Stitch using a 5/8 inch seam allowance.
- Trim edges.
- Turn right side out.
- Hand stitch opening closed.
- Optional: Add a decorative stitch to the edge.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
April 21, 2009
I bought $1.00 receiving blankets at the dollar store, and some terry cloth on sale at the fabric store. I made 4 burping cloths out of one receiving blanket. If you have a serger you can put them together in a snap.Read More...
October 25, 2020
Here is how to make a nice baby gift using scraps of flannel.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.