Removing Rust from a Painted Metal Table?

How do I remove rust marks from a gold metal table? It could be chrome, but it is gold colored.

By T from Bergen County, NJ

Have you used sandpaper? Do you just want to get rid of the rust without painting? If you want to paint, I read of a tip long ago that my dad used to keep rust from coming through. My dad found a wrought iron plant stand with shelves that was covered with rust at the city dump. He sanded the worst spots and then I told him about the tip, to cover it with vinegar. He repainted and never had a bit of the rust come through again.

If you do not want to paint, there are products at home improvement stores that you put on to get rid of rust.

Home and Garden Cleaning RustApril 19, 2010
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36656319.tip.html