SewingCrafts

Making a Sheet for a Porta-Crib

Category Sewing

How do you make a sheet for a porta-crib?

Shari

Pillow cases.

a pillow case sounds good. if you cut fabric out just make it a bit bigger than the pad then cut your corners at angle sew up then you have it.

By Jan (Guest Post)

I bought a porta-crib for babysitting my grandson. I thought the bottom was very hard for him to sleep on so I bought a piece of 1" foam that fit in the bottom and covered it with flannel or other soft material. I made it like a pillow case, but sewed it with a longer flap so I can take it off and wash it. So much softer and comfortable.

By Barbara J Snyder (Guest Post)

Same here I used pillow cases for my basinett when my daughter was small however I always put a soft flannel blanket down you can get the blankets anywhere and she fit perfectly. When she got older I put her in the crib with the flannel blanket under her again. Until she got bigger and move it or threw it out of her crib.