Septic TankHome Improvement

Block Yeast for Septic System

Category Septic Tank

Does anyone know where I can purchase block yeast, not powder, for my septic tank?

Bonnie

Actually I don't think block yeast is good for your septic tank. They don't always break down. I buy yeast by the pound at a wholesale club. I mix up a pound with some sugar and water in a 2 quart pitcher and when it's all nice a foamy I pour it down the drain with lots of water.

I have never been able to figure out how yeast can help a septic tank. Yes, yeast feeds on bacteria. But how does one get rid of the yeast then once it grows? Doesn't it fill up your septic tank?

I add ingredients to my septic tank that help break down proteins so they can rot and liquefy, enabling them to run out into the drain field and dehydrate.

You should not add anything to your septic tank it is a waste of money. The yeast and the "septic additive" at the hardware store are a marketing tool and a waste if you treat your septic tank with care.

There are millions of microbacteria in the tank that will take care of breaking down organic matter. You need to make sure you don't use your septic tank as a garbage dump or a chemical dumping ground.