RetirementParties

Surprise Retirement and 60th Birthday Party

Category Retirement

My mother retires and turns 60 in the same month. I am planning a surprise party to celebrate both and am looking for any and all ideas to help make this an unforgettable celebration.

Thanks,
Allison from Kentucky

Solicit, by e-mail, comments and photos from her former workmates and compile into a scrapbook and present it to her at the party. She'll enjoy reading from it, even if the commenters cannot attend the party.

Allison, you can go to www.orientaltrading.com and they have tons of ideas..you can also go to party411.com. The picture idea above was a good one, you could put the pics on poster board instead of a book and several can look at it at a time. Hope your mom has a great party!

My cousins recently had such a party for their Mom.

They decorated in a "sock hop" fashion. Had home made posters about "costs" 60-65 years ago. What people made, what things cost then and now, etc - very entertaining. The highlight of the party was a "rootbeer float" punch. It was excellent.

I recently threw a 60th b-day party for my boss, and one really great idea that everyone at the party enjoyed was I made a slideshow on my pc of pictures of my boss, his family, co-workers etc. The pics varied from when he was a young man in the military to recent photos on the job. They included pictures of him with his children and everything. I saved the slideshow to disc, and used a laptop hooked to a tv so it could play continuously thruout the party. All the guests enjoyed it and my boss took it home as a gift afterwards.

I need some ideas for my husband's 65 birthday party. We live in Florida and I am renting a party room in my building with a view over the marina.

But what else can I do about decorations commemorating his birthday and the things that were around at that time.
Hope to hear from you soon.

You can have friends and family call a toll-free number and record stories and memories. A CD then can get created which you can play at the party.

We did this and it worked out really well, people laughed and cried. You can use the service found here: http://www.life … irthday-Gift.htm