CarpetCleaning

Formula Stains on Carpet

Category Carpet

I am trying to get baby formula stains out of my carpet. I have tried Resolve as well as several other store bought stain removers including oxi clean and they keep coming back. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Margo

It may be too late to help you right now, but when our children were small, someone mentioned that baby wipes were really great to wipe stains up with. When our third child (our son) came along, he spit up a lot, and when he began crawling, there was always spit-up on the carpet. As soon as you notice the accident, grab a baby wipe and scrub with it. This really helps get the worst of the stain from setting in. I guess you could try it on your older stain, too.

Trudy Powell

Using a spray bottle of equal amounts of water and vinegar, I spray each spot and then rub it clean with a clean, dry cloth. It works great for me.

I have gotten this information from my mom, who has white carpet in her whole house. So this really does work. Take equal parts of cornstarch and vinegar (for example: 2 TBSP of vinegar and 2 TBSP of cornstarch) and mix it together really good. Then take an old toothbrush and spread that paste on to your spot and scrub it in good. Then, leave it set for three days, until it completely dries and does its working. Then, flake it up with the toothbrush and then vacuum it up and POOF the stain is gone. This really works, I have done it too with my infants spit up stains and mud stains from the winter time. This is an unbelievable trick. There are more vinegar tips on the internet, where my mom found this book that is nothing but home remedies with vinegar, for absolutely anything.