Freeze Yogurt for Smoothies

This is a way to save that uneaten yogurt that is near its expiration date. I toss the yogurt container in the freezer and add it to smoothies in the blender as needed. Yes, it will expand a bit as it freezes, but I have never had a lid pop. You may want to let it thaw a bit before adding to the blender. No need to add ice to the smoothie. I look for Manager's Clearance yogurt in the grocery store, which is usually near the use by date and is drastically marked down.

By Jan from Gainesville GA

I am from Toronto, Canada. I agree with you about freezing the yogurt for smoothies but if you freeze the yogurt, you will destroy all the cultures in the yogurt. I enjoy the taste of yogurt but also enjoy the health benefits of eating it. If you freeze your yogurt, you will lose all that. I know this because I also found a great sale and wanted to freeze 2 tubs. I phoned the company that made it [Parmalat, Canada] and they told me why I should not freeze it. Best wishes, Amber Dawn

i put yogurt in ice trays and freeze it.. it makes for a very creamy yummy smoothie. and you don't have to add ice to your smoothies. my favorite smoothie.

has frozen....pineapple, kumquat, peaches, apple and strawberries .. Delicious I add 2 % milk and yogurt. no OJ but you can add Apple Juice instead of milk and omit the frozen apples...

Food and Recipes Freezing DairyJune 17, 2010
🌻
🐛
📓