Clothing StainsCleaning

Orange Stains on Light Clothing

I am finding that with all of my lighter colored tops (especially cotton) that there is an orange stain around the collar and the sleeve holes, but not anywhere in the armpit. This does not occur on any dark tops or on any other clothes except mine. What is causing the stains and how can I prevent them?

By lynn from Mansfield, OH

Are you using suntan lotion?

I have no idea, but it must be something you are using on your skin; body lotion, fake tan cream, some type of soap? Or it could be a reaction to something that you are taking. Some type of vitamin or herbal remedy that is causing your perspiration to be reacting with something to cause this orange color.

It's not the type of soap or lotion I use as I switch them up equally and it still happens. Also, I am not using a tanner of any type.

I do think it could possibly be some form of medication or vitamins I am currently taking and I have stopped taking the vitamins to see if that is the trigger. Thanks for the info.