FurnitureCleaning

Removing Hair Gel from Sofa

Category Furniture

Has anyone got any ideas on how to remove hair gel from the sofa? My son regulary likes to sleep on the sofa with his greasy head.

It has caused a lot of upset with other occupants in the house! Any suggestions URGENTLY REQUIRED! -John

By Linda (Guest Post)

If costs are involved in getting this cleaned,sonny boy should pay for it. I bet he thinks twice about whre he lays his head down next time.

If it's just ordinary gel, an upolstery cleaner should work. If it's that greasy pomade the rockabilly dudes like so much, the solution is to go into the bathroom and throw the junk out. That stuff is terrible.

My mom always used a little ammonia mixed in warm water to get out the stains my dad's Brylcreme (which is very greasy) out of the back of the sofa or chair. And it worked very well. She just rubbed the stain in a circular motion with a sponge soaked in the ammonia solution. If it is stubborn you may have to do it 2 or 3 times, but I think it should work for you.