KitchenCleaning

Cleaning Garbage Disposal Splash Guard

Category Kitchen

I am trying to clean the top of my garbage disposal splash guard. It is dull gray and I can't get it clean enough to make it look black again. Any suggestions?

By Nan M.

If you are talking about the black rubber piece that fits into the drain in the sink, you should be able to lift it out to clean or buy a new one at a big box store. They don't cost that much.

Anonymous

Mine doesn't lift out for cleaning so I just wipe it well daily with a large soapy dish rag but it is also probably years and years old so the color is simply going to fade over time and I've just learned to live with it. I suppose I could ask apartment management to replace it but I'd rather reserve repair requests for more important things.