Parenting

Tactile Learning

Category Parenting

It is really true what they say about some of us being sight learners and hearing learners and some of us use our hands to learn. If your child is having a hard time with their ABCs and 123's try this trick. Get your self an ABC stencil. Trace around the letters onto sandpaper and cut them out. Now run your child's finger around the letter as if you were writing the letter, This really seems to work for tactile kids.

By Debra in Colorado

By Darlene (Guest Post)

When my daughter was young and having trouble learning her ABC's, I used the American Sign Language manual alphabet to teach her. This way she was able to make the letters herself while spelling out words. I'm not sure but I think you can probably find the manual alphabet on the web.