Calculating Mileage and Gas Costs for Driving Trips?

How much it will cost on gas driving from Portland, Maine to Atlanta, Georgia?

By Arianne

The distance from Portland Maine to Atlanta is about 1,140 miles.So all you have to do is divide the miles per gallon your car delivers in to 1,1140 and that will give you the amount of gas used.Then mulitpy that number by what you think gas may cost per gallon.

Example. If your car get 20 miles per gallon then 1,140 divided by 20 will give you 57 gallons consumed. Then multiply 57 gallons by the cost of gas. Lets say gas cost on the average is $3.50 per gallon. Then $3.50 multiplied by 57 gallons will give you your cost of $199.50 or about $200. Also don't forget to add in tolls. New jersey has a lot of them.

You can also go to gas prices web sites such as www.gaspricewatch.com/.../default_V3.asp to find what stations along the way are charging. It is amazing what a difference there may be.

Also when I am on a road trip, I try to fill when my tank reaches half full. That way I don't need to worry about running out of gas, if I need to go a few more miles when I find a station is closed.

and not to scare you, however i stopped at a store along I75 in florida in the middle of the day, the only parking was next to a van and there were 3 guys around it. went in and made my purchase, when i came out and was back in the car (doors locked immediately) one of the guys knocked on my passenger window and told me the passanger front tire was flat. first instinct was to get out and look, but i didn't. instead backed out and drove to other side of parking lot. the tire WAS NOT flat but those guys watched while i drove off. no idea what might have happened if i had gotten out of the car.

have a great safe trip.

Travel and Recreation TravelOctober 25, 2011
😷
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf60753309.tip.html

TravelTravel and Recreation