RepairComputers

Repairing Contrast on Samsung SyncMaster LCD Monitor

I have a lovely Samsung SyncMaster 940MG LCD Monitor which may be on the way out. It's 10 weeks out of 3 year extended warranty. Over the last two days, there's been lot of "flickering" with colour change and now it has settled on a very light, almost white screen with no contrast which makes viewing difficult.

Is there a brightness/contrast control or a "fuse" I don't know about? I've looked through Control Panel and can't find anything that applies to Contrast. On the right-hand lower front of the monitor I have controls which read: Source - PIP - Menu - CH - VOL - On/OFF. Any help would be appreciated.

Further, to my Samsung SyncMaster 940MG question of two days ago, I now have a "tail" on my pointer which is producing a "multiple" effect as I move it across the screen. I also have what appears to be hazy images on what I was viewing previously appearing on the screen whilst I am viewing new material.
Regards.

By Rebecca from Gold Coast Australia

Well, really know absolute idea about your monitor but the second thing you mentioned about the old image being visible sounds like image burn which happens for several reasons. The more common being the image on the screen for a long amount of time without interruption (hence the invention of screen savers). There really is no fix for screen burn if that is what it is.

I would recommend checking out another site which has more technical/geek people on it for this one www.retrevo.com/ Good luck.

Search for "How to repair Contrast on Samsung SyncMaster LCD Monitor" you'll see free support there, good luck.

If you haven't tried to correct your 'trailing tail pointer'...go to:
1) Start
2) Control Panel
3) Mouse
3.1) Select: Pointer
3.2) Now select the operating function that you want.

As for the Contrast, here is the 940MG Manual...look on page 31 for Contrast control.
downloadcenter.samsung.com/.../20060608155045578_BN59-00480W-01ENnt...