MoldCleaning

Black Mold on Tile Roof

In Southern Florida we get these black molds on our tile roofs, and I was wondering if someone has any suggestions as to how to remove them. I've read on this board about various posts offering advice to use a mixture of bleach and water on shingle roofs. How about on tile roofs? And what are the mixture ratios and how long to leave on before rinsing? Thank you kindly.

If the black stuff is mold the bleach should work. The ratios can be anything from 100% bleach to what ever amount of water you want to use. Spray on and when the mold disappears rinse with a lot of water.The more bleach the greater the risk of staining items you don't want stained. I use a garden sprayer that hooks up to my garden hose but be careful not to spray the bleach and water on anything you don't want to be stained because the bleach will stain. For example I got some on my outdoor metal light fixtures and the bleach permanently stained them. If the black stuff is algae the bleach will not work.

We got ours off with a pressure washer.