Getting Rid of Mold in a Basement

When my basement flooded, I had mold which made me sick. I used liquid Pool Chemicals in a field sprayer to wash everything in the basement. It killed the mold and washed right down. This was safe, didn't need any breathing equipment. I'm sure this can be used on our roofs here in the NW.

By Barb from Corvallis, Oregon

5 Questions

I would like to know how to get mold off basement walls?

By thorpe

Answers

Best Answer

Use a solution of 1 cup of bleach in a pail of water. Also use a scrub brush. Do not breathe in the fumes, make sure area is well ventilated or wear a mask to cover up your nose and mouth. In the future to prevent the growth of mold in your basement use a dehumidifier.

Answer this Question

There is mold in a basement room (under the front porch). What is the best way to get rid of it and to prevent it from coming back? Water gets in there when it rains!

Every time it rains my basement gets moderately wet. It smells musty but I'm afraid that mold is growing.

My once mold-free basement now stinks with moldy smell. The dehumidifier hasn't stopped it. What can I do to clean it?

Home and Garden Cleaning MoldDecember 12, 2017
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Mold-in-a-Basement.html