There is mold in a basement room (under the front porch). What is the best way to get rid of it and to prevent it from coming back? Water gets in there when it rains!
Kim from Nashville, TN
I think the story about the professional and the toy was the first joke on the internet.
However, use a mixture of bleach and water, one part bleach to 2 or 3 parts water. Spray on and then rinse when mold is gone. To prevent the return of the mold you have to stop the rain from getting under the porch by covering the openings. Wear eye protection. (10/09/2008)
I was told not to use bleach by a professional. He said it was alcohol and it would evaporate too quickly and in the end not do any good. He told me to use just plain soap and water. (10/22/2008)
Hydrogen peroxide eats up the mold immediately. Cheap too. (11/30/2008)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!