A turkey that lights up for great conversations and giggles.
Approximate Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- medium size pumpkin without a stem
- large serving platter
- large kitchen knife
- large butternut squash
- wooden skewers, halved
- craft knife
- 2 dried black eyed peas or other dried beans, or two wiggly eyes
- metal tipped vegetable peeler
- 6 or more dripless or drip resistant taper candles
- tooth picks
- sun dried tomato or peel and eat licorice
- glue gun
- Prop the pumpkin on an angle on the platter so the top points up at a 45-degree slant if it doesn't balance easily. Use a knife to cut a slice from underneath to create a flat base.
- Cut off the top 5 inches of butternut squash to use as the turkey head and attach to the top of the pumpkin with skewer halves.
- Glue eyes on or use tip of the peeler to dig out to small slits for eyes to push beans in each slit.
- Cut sides from bottom of squash in, then use a craft knife to cut a 'v' shape into each piece for turkey toes. Place them next to pumpkin on platter.
- Mark candle holes toward the back pf pumpkin at least an inch apart. Don't place them to far down the back. The candles should stick out at a slight angle no more then 45 degrees or they will drip too much all over.
- Use a craft knife or peeler to cut the holes making sure they are slightly smaller then the candles for a snug fit.
- For the turkey wattle, bend a piece of sun-dried tomato or licorice over the top of the beak, if necessary secure with a tooth pick. Now, you have a turkey who will get lot of of giggles.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
By Sillepeanut from Whitehall, MI
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.