When House Hunting, Buyer Beware!

My tightwad living tip of the day is when buying a home, any kind of home, it is buyer beware time. If you aren't handy, don't buy a fixer upper, buy a home that is livable, but within your very tight budget. If, you knowingly get a 50 year mortgage at 33 or something, make sure you will be around to pay it off. Deceit is nothing to fool around with on banking. Always deal with honest people. You will have less heart stress that way.

My mobile home was a disaster. I am not that handy. I wasn't told about the pipes, and the end result was bad pipes burst in winter cold that cost me way too much for what my place was worth. I ended up selling it for less than it was worth too. I was honest in saying I couldn't do it anymore. I made sure my buyer had handyman experience, since my place still needed fixing on things that broke down while I owned it. This was honesty in me. It should be anybody you deal with when buying a home, any home. Time is also a key factor in fixing up. Make sure you have the time. Well, to all those who think owning a home is the way to go, good luck and God speed.

By Tanya from Dilworth, Minnesota