TravelTravel and Recreation

Planning a Driving Trip

Starting at New Orleans, LA, driving to the Grand Canyon, to Vegas, to Los Angeles, and then back to New Orleans. Can this be done, with sightseeing, with a 2 week schedule? I want to see and do everything possible. This is actually my honeymoon! Thanks.

Nolasandy from Kenner, LA

Having traveled by van from Florida to Colorado and then through Wyoming. We had multiple drivers.We took two weeks; we camped and saw a lot.

I'd say with only two drivers, that's what you will be doing...driving. I would highly recommend that you see the Grand Canyon and include in your trip Bryce Canyon. It's God's beauty! I just wouldn't include so many destinations. All the best!

By (Guest Post)

I am not sure about the 2 wk time frame, but I went to the Grand Canyon last year and have a couple of pointers for you. When you come out of Flagstaff, go north instead of west. I found out later that there is a beautiful section of the grand canyon you will miss if you go west on 40 and north at Williams. I am not sure how far north, you either turn at Hwy 180 or hwy 64 and go into the G/canyon from the east. It was too far for us to go back b/c we were on a tight time frame.

Also, if it is an option, spend the night INSIDE Grand Canyon park. We were saving money and stayed about 20-25 miles out ( I think it may have been the town of Vaile, not much in lodging there) and drove into it that evening and the next day also.

I so wish we would have spent the extra $50 or so for the experience. It also would have saved us some gas and travel time if we had already been there the following morning, It is awesome. We should have allowed more time to go, but it was that or nothing. Have a great trip/Honeymoon.