Baked PotatoesPotatoes

Recipe for Swiss Cheese Baked Potatoes

I am looking for a recipe that my family always called "Swiss Baked Potatoes". All that was in it was sliced potatoes, shredded Swiss cheese, butter, and salt and pepper. Then it was baked in the oven. Every recipe I find on the internet has some kind of cream or broth added. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it!

By Tara D.

Anonymous

Are you sure there was absolutely no moistening agent such as cream or broth used other than butter for this family recipe? What I would do is at least try half the amount of moistening agents (cream or broth) suggested before assuming they aren't necessary because butter alone, unless it's oodles of it, would make for a mighty dry baked potato dish. ;-)

Thanks Deeli, I actually found the recipe!

You just put sliced potatoes in a buttered casserole dish, pour 1/2 stick melted butter over top and then salt and pepper and bake at 500 for 20-25 mins. Then sprinkle on 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese and a few shakes of parmesan cheese and put back in over until browned. Not dry, just soft potatoes and gooey cheese with crispy edges. SO YUMMY!

Anonymous

Glad you found the recipe you were looking for Tara. :-)