Cheddar Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Forget the continence of boxed stove top macaroni and cheese, try this delicious baked version made with milk, eggs, and real cheese. This page contains a cheddar baked mac and cheese recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a baked macaroni and cheese that will be divine. I don't know about you, but I love baked mac and cheese. There is nothing better than a well made dish that you have prepared. Have fun and please share.
Total Time: 45 min
- 4 pinch seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp butter
- elbow macaroni
- 1 block of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 block of cheddar cheese
- Boil your desired amount of elbow noodles. Add salt and oil to your cooking water. I use half a box as I normally feed a few people.
- Grate the cheddar and sharp cheddar cheese. I think Cracker Barrel is the best cheddar for this dish. I grate a block of each. You can get it in white or yellow. The color does not matter.
- When the macaroni is done, pour into colander. Rinse the pot with cold water to cool it down. Drop the warm noodles back in the pot.
- Add your favorite milk, eggs, the butter, and most of your cheese.
- I use three seasonings with a few shakes. You want just enough to taste the seasoning flavor, but not over powering. Mix it all up until it's nice and smooth. Put in your oven dish. Spread the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Put it in the over on 350 F for about 30 minutes. Turn the oven down for about 15 minutes and it's done.
July 30, 20161 found this helpful
You forot to add the cheese to the list of ingredients. You mentioned the type in the directions and said 1 block of each. What size blocks?
August 13, 20160 found this helpful
What are three seasonings? Salt, pepper, and ? Looks delicious.
July 11, 20170 found this helpful
I use colby/Jack cheese and add sour cream and chives to it.
Read More Comments
October 7, 20170 found this helpful
Would love to try your recipe, how much is a block of cheese, I notice on a lot of online recipe's they leave out exact amounts. I would like mine to taste as good as yours looks.