Blue Cheese and Gruyere Mac and Cheese
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
August 6, 2015
This adult version of a childhood classic is full of flavor!
Source: Food Network
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz. Gruyere, grated
- 3 oz. extra-sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 cups shell or elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp basil, finely chopped
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- Heat milk over MED heat, but do not boil.
- Melt butter in another saucepan. Add flour and combine well with a whisk. Heat over MED-LOW heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and whisk well. Continue whisking over MED-LOW heat for a few minutes, until milk mixture has thickened.
- Add Gruyere, cheddar, and blue cheese. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to cheese sauce. Stir well, then pour into an 8 x 8 in. glass casserole pan.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and basil. Then sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over breadcrumbs. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Try this easy recipe for your next dinner party or potluck. It's a childhood favorite that has been updated for grown up palates. Learn how to make it with this short video.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.