Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Category Casseroles
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
An American favorite that can be made with a delicious variety of ingredients with your cheese and macaroni. This page contains macaroni and cheese recipes.

The creamy white sauce with added Velveeta and shredded cheddar make this delicious baked macaroni and cheese a soon to be family favorite. This is a guide about homemade mac n' cheese.

upclose mac and cheese

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This delicious three cheese lobster and macaroni casserole is delicious and surprisingly inexpensive per serving. This is a guide about making lobster mac and cheese.

Lobster Mac and Cheese

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Forget the continence of boxed stove top macaroni and cheese, try this delicious baked version made with milk, eggs, and real cheese. This page contains a cheddar baked mac and cheese recipe.

Cheddar Baked Mac and Cheese

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

An extra cheesy mac and cheese is a task dinner you family will love to have again and again. This page contains souper macaroni and cheese recipe.

Souper Macaroni and Cheese

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Mac and cheese is a favorite dish in many households, the recipe is sure to be a hit. This page contains delicious macaroni and cheese recipe.

Delicious Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making better boxed macaroni and cheese. You can add a variety of other foods to mac and cheese to make it a delicious main dish.

Macaroni and cheese on a plate

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about stove top mac and cheese recipes. You don't have to heat up the oven to have a delicious meal of mac and cheese.

Macaroni and cheese being poured from a saucepan to a serving dish

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about spinach mac and cheese casserole. Adding spinach to your favorite mac and cheese casserole not only adds flavor, but makes the dish more healthy as well.

Bowl of Spinach Mac and Cheese on a white plate

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipes. Macaroni and cheese is a popular comfort food for kids and adults alike. One way to prepare this favorite dish is in your slow cooker.

Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains a recipe for blue cheese and gruyere mac and cheese. For a more grownup flavor try this delicious variation on the everyday mac and cheese.

Blue Cheese and Gruyere Mac and Cheese

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

This is a recipe that I have been using forever! I ate this every day while I was pregnant with my daughter, and both my children LOVE it.

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to boil in med. saucepan. Add noodles and cook desired doneness. In the last 3 minutes of boiling, add the peas.

Drain noodles and peas, return to pan and stir in remaining ingredients. Stir over low heat and heat through. Serve!

By Shannon from Chesterfield, VA

Oh my! Very good if you're into creamy and decadent. For the Italian seasonings it can be a blend of any of these: basil, oregano, rosemary, and ground red pepper.

• 16 oz. pasta shells or elbow macaroni
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 (5 oz.) cans evaporated fat-free milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 12 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, ~ 3 cups divided

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Stir in butter; cover and set aside.

Position broiler rack so that top of macaroni and cheese in baking dish will be 4 to 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.

While pasta is cooking whisk together milk, eggs, Worcestershire, salt, seasoning, pepper, and nutmeg until combined.

Place pot of drained cooked pasta over low heat; stir in milk mixture and 2 cups shredded cheese. Cook, stirring, until creamy sauce forms and mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.

Transfer mixture to ungreased 6-cup baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until lightly browned and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.

Source: Women's World magazine, but I don't remember when.

By sooz from Bradford, ON

So easy. Only 3 ingredients.

• 1 box elbow macaroni
  • 1 3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • salt, pepper, and minced onions (optional)

Directions:

Cook macaroni according to directions on box.

While the macaroni is cooking, cube 1 3/4 lb. Velveeta. Mix the can of evaporated milk with water (3/4 of the can).

Drain the macaroni when its tender, add the cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted. Add the milk,water. I also add the minced onions, seasoned salt and pepper.

So easy and so creamy. We love it. Hope you enjoy.

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

No need to precook the pasta. Everything is mixed together and popped into the oven.

Total Time: About 1 hour and 15 minutes, beginning to end.

Yield: Between 4-6 servings

• 3 Tbsp butter or hard margarine
  • 2 1/2 cup small RAW elbow macaroni
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 4 cups 2% or (better yet) whole milk
  • 1/8 tsp ground pepper

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Melt butter in a 2 quart casserole dish and pour the RAW macaroni in with the salt and pepper. Stir in to coat the macaroni with the butter and spices.
  3. Toss in the cheese. Pour the milk over all but do not STIR or cover.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for an hour or so to see if done. DO NOT stir while baking.

Simply had to spice up this traditionally boring recipe a little bit and I also love it baked with the bread crumb topping rather than serving directly out of the saucepan.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain. Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan, stir in flour and cook over medium heat until smooth (about 1 minute). Add half & half, Dijon mustard and salt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened (about 3 to 4 minutes).

Stir in cooked macaroni, cheese and jalapeno and then spoon into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Mix breadcrumbs and remaining melted butter in a small bowl and sprinkle over macaroni and cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.

Place the cooked macaroni in crockpot that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Add the remaining ingredients, all except 1 cup of the cheese, mix well...

Turn a regular box macaroni into a feast! Cook one or two boxes of Kraft macaroni or store brand macaroni and cheese. Add one to two cans of water packed tuna, drained, and 1/2 to one cup of frozen mixed veggies (thawed of course).

This is kicked up a notch. The perfect recipe for that side dish for Ham. This is the one I am making for Christmas Dinner.

This is a recipe that is loved my most people and especially by kids. Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain. Place the macaroni in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.

This is a recipe I use with my Foldtuk bakeware container. It's really easy and delicious. You don't have to use this specific container, of course, but I did think it would be a unique addition to the recipes.

Cook macaroni in salted water. Beat egg with fork. Add other ingredients. Pour into 9x13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle top with paprika.

Position broiler rack so that top of 1-1/2 qt. baking dish will be 4 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler. Cook pasta according to the package directions until almost tender; drain. Return to pot...

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

Healthy macaroni and cheese that is creamy and healthy. I wanted to get some vegetables nutrients in my son's diet and cook vegetables in new ways to give him more options to eat them.

Directions:

Cook noodles and vegetables together in pot of boiling salted water until pasta is al dente and vegetables tender. (If you are cooking firmer vegetables, be sure to add them to the water first so the pasta doesn't get mushy). Drain pasta and veggies, leave in strainer.

In a hot pot, melt butter/butter substitute. When melted add flour and mix well. Let cook about 1 minute so that the flour taste cooks away, stirring frequently. Add milk and stir until it starts to thicken. Add cheese 1 oz. at a time. Salt and pepper to taste, when sauce is smooth and creamy stir noodles and vegetables back in.

Even if your kids won't eat the vegetables, the noodles will have absorbed some of the nutrients from being cooked with them and the sauce is tasty so your kids might not even notice the vegetables! My 3 year old ate carrots the other day in this mac and cheese. No go for the broccoli though!

Servings: 4-6
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
7-10 Minutes Cooking Time

By Shannon from Lakewood, OH

Kraft Dinner came to Americans and Canadians during World War ll in 1937, marketed as a meal for four at .19 cents a box. Today, a box of macaroni and cheese can be purchased for between .50 cents and $2.00 depending on the brand. Here is a tip when cooking the old favorite.

When I boil the noodles, I throw in some chopped carrots and broccoli to give it extra nutrition for my son. You could even mix in some chopped bacon to give it extra flavor. Kids who love mac and cheese will eat the veggies if they are chopped small.

By Patricia from Maple Falls, WA

A can of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup over cooked macaroni makes a good and quick mac and cheese for a meal.

By Audrey Purvis from Westminster, MD

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Ask a QuestionHere are the Macaroni and Cheese Recipes asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I really want to make macaroni and cheese, but all the recipes I find on YouTube or google include milk or condensed milk. Unfortunately I am not allowed to put any milk product (except for cheese, obviously) into macaroni and cheese. Can you suggest some recipes of macaroni and cheese that do not include milk? Thx

Answers

I never use any milk, just stir all will melt in mix well.

Here is what I found on Google:

https://www.red  se_without_milk/

https://www.quo  ese-without-milk

Hope that helps!

PBP

Try soy or almond milk

this was ok

I would like an easy recipe for stovetop macaroni and cheese.

By Rosie

Macaroni and cheese:

1 can cheddar cheese soup

1/2 can water

1/2 can milk

Cook on top of stove until it comes to a boil, stir often so it doesn't burn. Add 1 cup uncooked noodles. Cook until done.

Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup flour

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

2 1/2 cups milk

2 cups shredded cheese of choice.

Cook pasta and drain. Set aside. In large pan over medium heat melt butter and blend in flour salt and pepper and gradually stir in milk stirring constantly until sauce thickens then add cheese stir until cheese is melted and add macaroni.

My family has loved this for years and I have taken it to potlucks and the kids clean the bowl.

I have 2 easy stovetop mac & cheese recipes. The first one is from the Velveeta cheese box -

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

3/4 lb (12 oz) Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1/3 cup milk

1/8 tsp pepper

1. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package, drain well. Return to pan.

2. Add in remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.

Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each.

Prep time: 5 minutes

Total time: 20 minutes

The second recipe came from Campbell's Soup, I think.

1 can cheddar cheese soup

1/2 soup can milk

1/2 soup can water

1 cup uncooked elbow pasta

Mix soup, milk and water in saucepan. Stir in pasta. Cook over low heat until pasta is done, stirring often.

Serves 4

I am looking for a copycat recipe for Franco American Macaroni and Cheese. Campbells soup bought the recipe. Can you come up the the recipe? Thanks.

By Don

Anonymous

1/2 lb fat spaghetti with a hole down the center

1 can cheddar cheese soup

3/4 cup milk

2 Tablespoons melted butter

Boil your pasta, until really soft like about 12 minutes or so. While that is cooking, mix soup, milk and cooled melted butter in a bowl. Drain pasta and put back in the hot pot, immediately add the cheese mix and let simmer for a minute or 2 on low heat.

I am looking for an easy stovetop mac and cheese recipe. Can someone help?

By Rosie

Pour 2 cups of milk into a saucepan; bring it to a boil. Add 2 cups of macaroni. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook until the pasta is al dente. Add 2 cups of grated cheese. Stir until melted and mixed well. (You may want to start with only 1 cup of cheese - but I like a lot!)

You can use mild or sharp cheddar or any type/blend of cheese you prefer.

We live in the Chicago area and enjoy going to Noodles Restaurant. My son loves the macaroni and cheese. Does anyone have a recipe similar to that? Thanks.

Miss Mac from Chicago, IL

A creamy macaroni and cheese recipe:-

* 5 cups cooked macaroni (8 ounces raw)

* 4 tablespoons butter

* 4 tablespoons flour

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/8 pepper, or to taste

* 2 cups milk

* 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

* paprika, optional

Preparation:

In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir flour into the butter until smooth and bubbly. Stir in salt. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese and continue to cook and stir until melted. In an 8x10-inch baking dish, alternate layers of macaroni and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serves 6.

I would like a good macaroni and cheese recipe.

Thanks,
Emmett from Oakpark, IL

Answers:

Macaroni and Cheese

Cook as much macaroni as you think you will need. I used shallow rectangular glass dishes so everyone gets some of the crusty top. In a large bowl pour the drained macaroni. Add to taste; salt, pepper and LOTS of dried onions. Add grated cheese and then toss all with as much Campbell's GOLDEN Mushroom soup as you think is needed but save some for the top- should have a good coating. Put into glass dish and put the rest of soup on top. Cover with more grated cheese and bake in moderate oven.

This is my Grandsons favorite dish and is always requested when they come over for supper. (12/07/2006)

By youngsters

Macaroni and Cheese

My family loves this one. I found it at Kraft.com and now it's the only one I make. Sure beats the boxed kind!

OLD FASHIONED MACARONI and CHEESE

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add flour and salt; mix well. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Add 1-1/2 cups of the cheese; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Add macaroni; mix lightly.
SPOON into 1-1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
BAKE 20 minutes or until heated through.

(12/08/2006)

By Debbie52

Macaroni and Cheese

Boil your noodles, drain and then add little milk and butter and Velveeta Cheese, melt together on low heat.

Sorry don't have a recipe, you can use approx the same as the box mix and then adjust from there for the consistency you like.

Enjoy (12/09/2006)

By justjan

Macaroni and Cheese

i use for my family of 7

I make a cheese sauce using: milk (how ever much you wanna make, I usually for this amount), use a litre of milk and top up rest of water), butter Tbsp, a lil salt, half a cup of cheese and cornflour to thicken and cracked black pepper) (this meal also makes 2 oven trays!)

Put bacon pasta onion n sauce in dish, then top with old bread ripped up or bread crumbs cheese n a lil paprika
cook for an hour about 150-180 degrees F in oven ,or if all is cooked! 20 minutes max on about 200-220 degrees F or less!

(sometimes I slice up old tomatoes and lay on top before cheese and breadcrumbs)

Bake on 180 degrees F for about an hour, if that! (sometimes i cook my bacon n onion first so i only have to wait for golden crisp on top :) )

We have salad on side if we have any? Otherwise on it's own and there's plenty to feed us all!

I personally eat mine with cayenne pepper on top, mmmmmm, so I only do that on my plate!

enjoy ppls! easy and cheap

oh and is lovely with out bacon, this feeds my 7: hubby, 15 year old, 10 year old, me, and 3 younger who eat seconds of this.

p>WAALAA
:) (03/03/2008)

By Fabalas_Seanne

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for the casserole
  • 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 5 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 2 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 20 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
  • 5 oz. goat cheese

Directions

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter a 2 quart casserole. Set aside. Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling water according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cool water to stop the cooking, and set aside. Warm milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture is thick and smooth. Whisking constantly, gradually add warm milk. Cook over medium low heat 8 to 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove white sauce from heat; add salt, pepper and cayenne. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup each yellow and white cheddars and 1/4 cup Parmesan; set aside. Set aside 1 Tbsp. scallions. Add remaining 1 3/4 cup of both cheddars and 3/4 cup Parmesan to warm white sauce. Stir well. Stir in remaining scallions, then the cooked macaroni. Add goat cheese in 1 inch pieces; fold gently to combine. Transfer mixture to casserole; top with reserved scallions and cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 30-35 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 3/4 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 2 cups of Creamed Cottage Cheese small curd
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • dash of pepper
  • 8 oz. processed American Cheese, shredded
  • paprika

Directions:

Cook macaroni according to instructions on box. Drain well. In bowl combine cottage cheese, sour cream, cheese, egg, salt, and pepper. Add to cooked macaroni and put mixture into a greased 9" square pan. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.

By Joan