Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Category Casseroles
An American favorite that can be made with a delicious variety of ingredients with your cheese and macaroni. This page contains macaroni and cheese recipes.

The creamy white sauce with added Velveeta and shredded cheddar make this delicious baked macaroni and cheese a soon to be family favorite. This is a guide about homemade mac n' cheese.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This delicious three cheese lobster and macaroni casserole is delicious and surprisingly inexpensive per serving. This is a guide about making lobster mac and cheese.

Forget the continence of boxed stove top macaroni and cheese, try this delicious baked version made with milk, eggs, and real cheese. This page contains a cheddar baked mac and cheese recipe.

An extra cheesy mac and cheese is a task dinner you family will love to have again and again. This page contains souper macaroni and cheese recipe.

Mac and cheese is a favorite dish in many households, the recipe is sure to be a hit. This page contains delicious macaroni and cheese recipe.

This is a guide about making better boxed macaroni and cheese. You can add a variety of other foods to mac and cheese to make it a delicious main dish.

This is a guide about stove top mac and cheese recipes. You don't have to heat up the oven to have a delicious meal of mac and cheese.

This is a guide about spinach mac and cheese casserole. Adding spinach to your favorite mac and cheese casserole not only adds flavor, but makes the dish more healthy as well.

This is a guide about slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipes. Macaroni and cheese is a popular comfort food for kids and adults alike.

One way to prepare this favorite dish is in your slow cooker.

This page contains a recipe for blue cheese and gruyere mac and cheese. For a more grownup flavor try this delicious variation on the everyday mac and cheese.

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

This is a recipe that I have been using forever! I ate this every day while I was pregnant with my daughter, and both my children LOVE it.

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to boil in med. saucepan. Add noodles and cook desired doneness. In the last 3 minutes of boiling, add the peas.

Drain noodles and peas, return to pan and stir in remaining ingredients. Stir over low heat and heat through. Serve!

By Shannon from Chesterfield, VA

Oh my! Very good if you're into creamy and decadent. For the Italian seasonings it can be a blend of any of these: basil, oregano, rosemary, and ground red pepper.

• 16 oz. pasta shells or elbow macaroni
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 (5 oz.) cans evaporated fat-free milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • Ad

• 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 12 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, ~ 3 cups divided

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Stir in butter; cover and set aside.

Position broiler rack so that top of macaroni and cheese in baking dish will be 4 to 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.

While pasta is cooking whisk together milk, eggs, Worcestershire, salt, seasoning, pepper, and nutmeg until combined.

Place pot of drained cooked pasta over low heat; stir in milk mixture and 2 cups shredded cheese. Cook, stirring, until creamy sauce forms and mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.

Transfer mixture to ungreased 6-cup baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until lightly browned and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.

Source: Women's World magazine, but I don't remember when.

By sooz from Bradford, ON

So easy. Only 3 ingredients.

• 1 box elbow macaroni
  • 1 3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • salt, pepper, and minced onions (optional)

Directions:

Cook macaroni according to directions on box.

While the macaroni is cooking, cube 1 3/4 lb. Velveeta. Mix the can of evaporated milk with water (3/4 of the can).

Drain the macaroni when its tender, add the cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted. Add the milk,water. I also add the minced onions, seasoned salt and pepper.

So easy and so creamy. We love it. Hope you enjoy.

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

No need to precook the pasta. Everything is mixed together and popped into the oven.

Simply had to spice up this traditionally boring recipe a little bit and I also love it baked with the bread crumb topping rather than serving directly out of the saucepan.

Place the cooked macaroni in crockpot that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Add the remaining ingredients, all except 1 cup of the cheese, mix well...

Turn a regular box macaroni into a feast! Cook one or two boxes of Kraft macaroni or store brand macaroni and cheese. Add one to two cans of water packed tuna, drained, and 1/2 to one cup of frozen mixed veggies (thawed of course).

This is kicked up a notch. The perfect recipe for that side dish for Ham. This is the one I am making for Christmas Dinner.

This is a recipe that is loved my most people and especially by kids. Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain. Place the macaroni in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.

This is a recipe I use with my Foldtuk bakeware container. It's really easy and delicious. You don't have to use this specific container, of course, but I did think it would be a unique addition to the recipes.

Cook macaroni in salted water. Beat egg with fork. Add other ingredients. Pour into 9x13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle top with paprika.

Position broiler rack so that top of 1-1/2 qt. baking dish will be 4 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler.

Cook pasta according to the package directions until almost tender; drain. Return to pot...

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

Healthy macaroni and cheese that is creamy and healthy. I wanted to get some vegetables nutrients in my son's diet and cook vegetables in new ways to give him more options to eat them.

Directions:

Cook noodles and vegetables together in pot of boiling salted water until pasta is al dente and vegetables tender. (If you are cooking firmer vegetables, be sure to add them to the water first so the pasta doesn't get mushy). Drain pasta and veggies, leave in strainer.

In a hot pot, melt butter/butter substitute. When melted add flour and mix well. Let cook about 1 minute so that the flour taste cooks away, stirring frequently. Add milk and stir until it starts to thicken. Add cheese 1 oz. at a time. Salt and pepper to taste, when sauce is smooth and creamy stir noodles and vegetables back in.

Even if your kids won't eat the vegetables, the noodles will have absorbed some of the nutrients from being cooked with them and the sauce is tasty so your kids might not even notice the vegetables! My 3 year old ate carrots the other day in this mac and cheese. No go for the broccoli though!

Servings: 4-6
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
7-10 Minutes Cooking Time

By Shannon from Lakewood, OH

Kraft Dinner came to Americans and Canadians during World War ll in 1937, marketed as a meal for four at .19 cents a box. Today, a box of macaroni and cheese can be purchased for between .50 cents and $2.00 depending on the brand. Here is a tip when cooking the old favorite.

When I boil the noodles, I throw in some chopped carrots and broccoli to give it extra nutrition for my son. You could even mix in some chopped bacon to give it extra flavor. Kids who love mac and cheese will eat the veggies if they are chopped small.

By Patricia Mabel from Maple Falls, WA

A can of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup over cooked macaroni makes a good and quick mac and cheese for a meal.

By Audrey Purvis from Westminster, MD

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes

Ask a QuestionHere are the Macaroni and Cheese Recipes asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I really want to make macaroni and cheese, but all the recipes I find on YouTube or google include milk or condensed milk. Unfortunately I am not allowed to put any milk product (except for cheese, obviously) into macaroni and cheese. Can you suggest some recipes of macaroni and cheese that do not include milk? Thx

Answers

I never use any milk, just stir all will melt in mix well.

I would like an easy recipe for stovetop macaroni and cheese.

By Rosie

Answers

Macaroni and cheese:
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 can water
1/2 can milk
Cook on top of stove until it comes to a boil, stir often so it doesn't burn. Add 1 cup uncooked noodles. Cook until done.

Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheese of choice.

Cook pasta and drain. Set aside. In large pan over medium heat melt butter and blend in flour salt and pepper and gradually stir in milk stirring constantly until sauce thickens then add cheese stir until cheese is melted and add macaroni.

My family has loved this for years and I have taken it to potlucks and the kids clean the bowl.

I have 2 easy stovetop mac & cheese recipes. The first one is from the Velveeta cheese box -
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
3/4 lb (12 oz) Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/3 cup milk
1/8 tsp pepper

1. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package, drain well. Return to pan.
2. Add in remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.

Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

The second recipe came from Campbell's Soup, I think.

1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 soup can milk
1/2 soup can water
1 cup uncooked elbow pasta

Mix soup, milk and water in saucepan. Stir in pasta. Cook over low heat until pasta is done, stirring often.

Serves 4

I am looking for a copycat recipe for Franco American Macaroni and Cheese. Campbells soup bought the recipe. Can you come up the the recipe? Thanks.

By Don

Load More