Old Fashioned Mac n' Cheese

I hadn't made my baked macaroni and cheese in several years. I think having four children in five years. Growing up with them and feeding them, made me very tired of all those good old comfort foods. But I recently got an itch for a good old Mac n' Cheese!

1. Cook macaroni halfway and drain.
  2. In a deep Dutch oven, over medium heat, melt 2 sticks of butter. Add milk, cream and all other except cheese.
  3. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Let this heat up, but not boil. You don't want to let it catch or stick on the bottom of the pan.
  4. Advertisement

5. When very hot, pour 1 bag of cheese at a time stirring gently until smooth. Then lower heat to low. And simmer for a few minutes.
  6. In a bowl, mix 1 cup of flavored bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp. melted butter together. Set aside.
  7. Now take the pan of sauce and pour over the macaroni and stir it in well until all is mixed.
  8. I used 2 foil pans. Pour macaroni evenly over the two pans. Take your bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top of each pan and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
  9. Advertisement

10. This recipe is double the normal recipe! I was cooking today for some needy families. This recipe was great! It was inexpensive, went a long way and feed four families.
  11. It's just the neighborly way to be in times like this! Enjoy and be safe!

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasMarch 22, 2020
🌻
😷
🐰
👒
🐛

PastasRecipes