Making Taco Mac and Cheese
Transform plain boxed mac n cheese into a scrumptious taco flavored delight with the addition of seasoned ground beef and cheese. The instructions and ingredients list follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is fusion comfort food at its finest! It's not only incredibly easy to make, it's super delicious and makes for a wonderful meal that can be kept for following days. How convenient! When eaten as leftovers, heating then adding dollops of salsa and sour cream bring it back to life beautifully.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 box mac n cheese, made to instructions
- 1 lb ground meat (I used turkey)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, jalapenos and sour cream to serve
- Make the mac n cheese to box directions, or use your own favourite recipe.
- While the mac n cheese is cooking, heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add ground meat. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- When it's mostly all browned, add the onions and garlic powder. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Add 3/4 cup of water, bring to a boil, and stir and cook until the water evaporates.
- Add the prepared mac n cheese to the pan. Mix well.
- Shut off heat, then add salsa and cheese. Mix well. Serve in bowls, topped with some salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.