Homemade Mac n' Cheese
The creamy white sauce with added Velveeta and shredded cheddar make this delicious baked macaroni and cheese a soon to be family favorite. This is a page about homemade mac n' cheese.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This method of making macaroni and cheese in a mug is not only way cheaper than buying a box of it, but it tastes so much better. Not to mention it cuts the time and effort of making it by 75 percent. I'm in love with this recipe!
Remember that macaroni comes in different sizes, shapes, and density, and microwaves have different wattages, so you may have to play with the amount of time you initially cook the pasta in the first couple steps.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp any milk
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Place macaroni, water and salt in a microwaveable mug. Microwave for 3 minutes. Remove mug from microwave, stir pasta, then microwave another 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir and microwave another minute.
- Stir, then add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe for creamy homemade mac n' cheese is easy to make and so delicious!
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 7 oz Velveeta, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package direction. Drain and pour into a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over med/high heat.
- Add flour, stir to combine.
- Pour in milk stirring continuously. Bring to a slow boil. While stirring, heat mixture until it begins to thicken.
- Then add Velveeta cubes, stir until they are fully melted.
- Add 1 cup grated cheese, stir until completely melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over noodles, then stir to coat.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese sauce is bubbly and top is beginning to brown.
This recipe for creamy homemade mac n' cheese is easy to make and so delicious! View the full recipe here: Homemade Mac n' Cheese