Homemade Mac n' Cheese
The creamy white sauce with added Velveeta and shredded cheddar make this delicious baked macaroni and cheese a soon to be family favorite. This is a guide about homemade mac n' cheese.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe for creamy homemade mac n' cheese is easy to make and so delicious!
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 7 oz Velveeta, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package direction. Drain and pour into a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over med/high heat.
- Add flour, stir to combine.
- Pour in milk stirring continuously. Bring to a slow boil. While stirring, heat mixture until it begins to thicken.
- Then add Velveeta cubes, stir until they are fully melted.
- Add 1 cup grated cheese, stir until completely melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over noodles, then stir to coat.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese sauce is bubbly and top is beginning to brown.
June 4, 20130 found this helpful
This recipe for creamy homemade mac n' cheese is easy to make and so delicious! View the full recipe here: Homemade Mac n' Cheese
In This Guide