Making Better Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
This is a guide about making better boxed macaroni and cheese
. You can add a variety of other foods to mac and cheese to make it a delicious main dish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Add a few extra ingredients to boxed macaroni, and end up with something a million times tastier and more substantial. Quick and easy!
Total Time: 20 minutes?
Yield: Around 8-10 servings
Source: My Mom
- 5-6 boxes macaroni and cheese
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2- 15.25 cans (15.25 oz) corn, drained
- 2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring pan of water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for about 7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, including cheese packets.
- Stir over medium/high heat until butter is melted and ingredients are thoroughly combined. Enjoy!
March 6, 20160 found this helpful
Or for a fraction of the cost of all those boxes, just buy a package of macaroni, still adding all the extra ingredients. The cheese packet is quite unnecessary and has a lot of sodium. Just add your own cheese and salt to taste
March 27, 20160 found this helpful
You might want to try cubed ham. I use it sometimes in my homemade mac and cheese. What I like best is to put a layer of shredded cheese on top and put the dish under the broiler long enough to lightly toast the cheese.
A little chewy and the toasting brings out more cheese flavor.