Adding Tuna to Macaroni and Cheese

Category Casseroles
Add some protein to your favorite mac and cheese recipe by including a can of tuna. This is a guide about adding tuna to macaroni and cheese.

Mix a defrosted package of Macaroni and Cheese with 1 can of tuna fish (preferably oil packed), drained. Top with crumbled Ritz Crackers. Microwave 3 minutes. Can double recipe.

By Angelna from Glendale, CA

Spruce up a box of plain old mac and cheese with a can of tuna fish! Now you've got cheesy tuna noodle casserole! You can even add a cup of frozen peas and carrots (add while the noodles are boiling) to make it more special. My son loves this and he gets a more balanced meal.

By Christine from Spanaway, WA

Answers:

Add Tuna To Mac And Cheese

My mom used to do that when we were growing up, or she would cut up hot dogs and add a can of corn (or the peas). It was great and I still love it! I can't get my daughter to try it yet though, she has to have all of her food separated and not touching. (11/13/2007)

By Crystal

Add Tuna To Mac And Cheese

For years, I've been making a simple stove top tuna casserole. You fix a boxed macaroni and cheese dinner as per instructions. Add to it a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of drained peas and a can of drained and chopped up canned tuna. Mix all well and heat. (11/13/2007)

By Debbie Dzurilla