Recipes Using Tuna
Inexpensive and protein rich tuna is very versatile for meals and snacks. This page contains recipes using tuna
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Tuna cakes can be dry and lack flavor. I'm so proud of this recipe because it adds a moist flavorful taste for a quick healthy meal!
- 3 small or 2 large cans white albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 small green onions, chopped small
- 1 thick ring sweet onion, chopped small
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 box cornbread mix (Jiffy is fine)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Flake tuna in a large bowl. Set aside. In a small bowl, add next 5 ingredients and blend well. Add small bowl to tuna and blend. Slowly add in broth. Texture will be pretty thin. Add in cornbread mix, until texture is slightly stiff but not dry. Add egg and blend well. Fry in canola oil on medium heat, turning only once. Serve with Lime Tarter Sauce (recipe below).
Lime Tarter Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Kraft Olive Oil mayo because I always have coupons and it's good and healthy)
- 3 tsp. pickle relish
- 1 tsp. plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. (heaping) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- dash of celery seed (optional)
Mix thoroughly, chill and serve.
|Time:||20 Minutes Preparation Time|
10 Minutes Cooking Time
By Carol from Lebanon, TN
May 14, 201212 found this helpful
This was one of my grama's standby recipes when I was a little girl and is her version of SOS ('Stuff on a Shingle' but she used a different word for 'stuff' - tee hee). And before anyone thinks that it's offensive using grama's recipe title, please note that she lived in a trailer park and had a sense of humor. I simply must recommend good old fashioned 'Wonder Bread' for this recipe - LOL.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 (5 oz.) cans of tuna, drained
- 1/2 (14 oz.) can of peas, drained, or more if desired
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
Melt butter in pan over medium heat, whisk in flour to make the roux, whisk in milk a little at a time and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
Bring to a boil, add tuna and peas and cook until heated through, gently stirring occasionally.
Spoon evenly over each slice of toast, season with salt and pepper and serve.
If your sauce becomes too thick, simply add a wee bit more milk. If sauce is not thick enough, add about a half teaspoon of cornstarch.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
- 1 pkg. dry chicken noodle soup
- 1 (7 oz.) can tuna
- 1 Tbssp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 can chunk or crushed pineapple
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Fry pineapple in butter 5 minutes. Add enough water to pineapple liquid make 1 cup. Blend cornstarch into the liquid, and add chicken noodle soup. Stir gently to dissolve. Pour soup and pineapple liquid into skillet. Add tuna and simmer over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Before serving blend in soy sauce.
By LRP from LWL, MA
Very plain open faced healthy(er) Tuna Melts, no mayo or added ingredients. Just the good stuff!
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 8 slices Swiss cheese. Deli is best, just get it thinly sliced
- 2 cans chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
Broil bread 1-2 minutes on each side
Place tuna evenly on toast, top with Swiss cheese.
Return to oven and broil 1-2 more minutes until cheese is bubbly. Serve!
By Shannon from Chesterfield, VA
An easy and creamy noodle dish.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Source: My Mom
- 1 5 oz. can white Albacore tuna
- 1 10 10 oz. can mushroom soup,
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 small red pepper, chopped up
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz Light N' Fluffy Noodles (1/2 of a 12 oz. bag)
*I used all dry spices: 1/2 teaspoon minced onion, 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic, a few dashes of black pepper, a small sprinkle of dill, and a dash of basil.
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boil, and cook noodles - to al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter, add red peppers, onion, garlic and spices, stirring quickly, remove from stove if it begins to stick.
- Then put the tuna in and flake it up. Then add the mushroom soup, and 1 can of 1% milk.
- Stirring until mixed well, turn the heat down and it will simmer nicely for about fifteen minutes.
- Then toss the mix into the noodles and WHA-LA! Yummy!
These make great little sandwiches! Very good and quick to fix. Also very economical!Read More...
March 9, 20050 found this helpful
Blend first 6 ingredients. Add the tuna. Blend. Refrigerate. Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.Read More...
September 24, 20160 found this helpful
May 31, 20160 found this helpful
This page contains tuna burger recipes. Try a quick, easy, and tasty tuna burger as a change from beef burgers.
Mix a defrosted package of Macaroni and Cheese with 1 can of tuna fish (preferably oil packed), drained. Top with crumbled Ritz Crackers. Microwave 3 minutes. Can double recipe.Read More...
Broil these tuna burgers for a quick, delicious meal.Read More...
Mix the tuna fish and Miracle Whip. Put a heaping tablespoon of the mixture on each muffin half. Top with a slice of cheddar cheese. Broil until hot and brown. This happens very quickly so watch closely!Read More...
Blend soup and milk in a pan. Add drained canned fish, lemon juice, green pepper, and onion. Heat thoroughly. Hollow out centers of rolls leaving the bottom and the sides about 1/2 inch thick.Read More...