Recipes for Tuna Pockets
Tuna is a popular fish for sandwiches and melts. This guide contains recipes for tuna pockets
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Found some leftover tuna in the fridge. It was just in time because I'd been craving tuna pie the whole day. I didn't have money to buy it, and there was leftover tuna waiting to get cooked!
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
Yield: 6 pieces
- 1 Tbsp flour for filling
- 1 cup tuna
- 1/4 cup milk
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour for crust
- 10 ml oil for crust
- 30 ml water for crust
- Mix together milk and a tablespoon of flour. Add grated cheese.
- Pour the flour mixture into the tuna. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well then set aside.
- To make a simple crust, mix oil, water and flour until combined.
- Knead for 2-3 minutes and flatten the dough.
- Put a tablespoon of tuna mixture in the middle of the flattened dough. Fold the crust and seal the sides by pressing a fork over it.
- Deep fry until golden brown and serve.
Cut pocket bread open with scissors. In large skillet, melt butter. Add green onion: saute over medium high heat until soft.
Flake tuna. Add to onions. Saute a few minutes more. Lightly beat eggs and half and half together.Read More...