Bean and Cornbread Casserole Recipes
Topping a bean dish with corn bread makes for a delicious casserole. This page contains bean and cornbread casserole recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is easy, healthy, cheap, and tasty!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked black beans (if you soak 1 cup of dry and cook them, you'll get the right amount. You can also use 2 (15 oz.) cans, but make sure to rinse the beans well before using)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour (I used spelt)
- 1 Tbsp. raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup water
In a large saucepan, fry the onion in a little oil till translucent. Add beans and salsa and cook for another minute or two.
In a medium bowl, mix all other ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes and stir again. Pour bean mixture in a greased dish (I use Pyrex dishes) and pour cornmeal mixture on top.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with guacamole on the side if desired.
|Time:||10 Minutes Preparation Time|
30 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: On my blog:
By Lisa from Halifax, NSRead More Comments
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 med. can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix
Brown hamburger and onion. Combine with remaining ingredients. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Make thin cornbread mixture of Jiffy Mix and pour on top. Bake at 425 degrees F about 1/2 hour or until done.
Source: Marth White newsletter
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.