Green Bean Casserole Recipes

Recently, I wanted to make a green bean casserole, but not wanting to bake it for the hour the recipe calls for. I made the casserole up like I'd normally do, but nuked it in the microwave till good & bubbly, while at the same time, I had my oven preheating.

After taking the casserole out of the microwave, all I had to do was sprinkle on my crushed french fried onions and place it in the hot oven, just long enough to brown. It was just as good, too! So next time, you're short on time, you don't have to rely on convenience foods!

By Terri H.

18 Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

This is a great variation on the traditional green bean casserole. I love the cheddar cheese soup and the onion rings.

Cook beans according to recipe on package until barely tender. Drain and place on bottom of 2 qt. casserole. Pan fry mushrooms and onions in butter in skillet for 1 minute. Add flour and salt and stir to blend.

Recipe for Potato and Green Bean CasseroleIn a bowl, mix all ingredients except crushed onion rings. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour bean mixture in baking dish. . .

I love the green bean bake,you know the one with the green beans and mushroom soup? Well I have found that I can have this recipe however many times I would like to have it and a lot less work.

Super easy and inexpensive to make.

This is a neat variation on the usual green bean casserole recipe.

A family favorite.

Mix sliced water chestnuts and all except the onion rings. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Take out and put onion rings on top. Bake another 15 minutes.

Saute onions in butter until limp; blend in flour, salt, mustard, and pepper. Add milk; stir until mixture thickens. Blend in 1/3 cup of cheese and fold in green beans.

Place beans in buttered baking dish. Add cubed cheese. Dilute soup with liquid; add salt.

Mix all ingredients and bake in a covered casserole at 275 degrees F for 3 hours.

Bring beans to a boil and drain. Place green beans in a casserole dish in layers, alternating with layers of soup.

Fry bacon and onion until done. Add ketchup, vinegar and sugar. Mix well and cook until bubbly and thickened. Add drained green beans to ketchup mixture.

I am making green bean casserole. I have to make four times what the recipe calls for. How do I figure out how long it should cook?

By Jennifer

Answer this Question

I am making green bean casserole, but have to make four times what the recipe calls for. How do I figure out how long it should cook?

By Jennifer from CA

Answer this Question

Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil.

I brown some of the onions in the toaster oven for a crispy garnish on the top; or place the crispy onions in a bowl for each person to sprinkle on their own serving.

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Thanksgiving CasserolesNovember 4, 2011
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Green-Bean-Casserole-Recipes.html