Fried Green Bean Recipes

Category Vegetables
Green beans are delicious when either pan fried or batter dipped. This is a guide about fried green bean recipes.

This turns a can of green beans into a side dish that is just delish!

Directions:

I put my seasonings in the frying pan before I heat it, to keep the holes from clogging up. Then add the butter or margarine. Simply drain your can of beans and drop them in. Fry until they are a bit crispy and the seasonings have a little crackle to them.

I often add sliced almonds and sometimes some canned mushrooms.

Servings: 1-2
Time:2 Minutes Preparation Time
2 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My daughter Sabrina made a fresh green bean casserole for Christmas. It was amazing, as she pre-fried the beans and used half the soup. It was too good to let it go for just the holidays, so I just modified it. Now, I can't eat them any other way! They are so good and quick, too.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Lake Zurich, IL

Green beans and onions are lightly sautéed in only 1 tablespoon of oil.

1. If using fresh green beans, cook green beans in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or steam for 2-3 minutes until barely fork tender.

Drain well. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion until golden.

3. Stir in green beans, salt and pepper. Heat through.

4. Toss with parsley before serving.

Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 3/4 cup

Each serving provides:

Calories: 64
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 282 mg

By NHLBI

When my 12 year old nephew came to visit from Arkansas, he was trying to show me how to make "fried, or sautéed" green beans. Does anyone know how to make this? I know it has olive oil in it but I don't know what else. Can you use canned beans or do you have to use fresh?

Thank you in advance!

jmz2005 from Illinois

Answers:

Fried Green Beans

I fry them all the time in olive oil. I use canned green beans. I totally drain the water and I sometimes put some chopped up bacon and I often add mushrooms. They're delicious. (05/10/2006)

By SL Edens

Fried Green Beans

Google "fried green beans" YUM, I may have to try this. MANY recipes online. (05/10/2006)

By Chris Ellyson

Fried Green Beans

You could also do the same thing in the microwave..no kidding..I mince up some garlic and toss it with green beans or asparagus drizzle olive oil over and set it on sensor reheat. Delish. Salt and pepper to your taste. (05/10/2006)

By T.Gonzalez

Fried Green Beans

Did you think to ask his mother how she does it? (05/10/2006)

By Margaret

Fried Green Beans

If he is talking old fashioned country cooked fried green beans, it's one thing, but if he is talking oriental style, like you would get in at a China Buffet, that's another. Ask him if they are really soft or tender crisp when they are finished cooking. (05/10/2006)

By brenda thompson

Fried Green Beans

Like the others have said, but I'm not crazy about EVOO. The first time I had them was with bacon grease with home canned green beans drained. They got some browned ones on and those tasted the best. Butter also works well and also regular cooking oil. (05/10/2006)

By chml

Fried Green Beans

When my brother and his wife moved to Arkansas a few years ago, he came home fixing fried green beans. I will give you his recipe. He uses french cut green beans, drained. He puts two cans in a skillet with a little olive oil and sliced onions and a packet of equal. Fry it all together till onions start to caramelize. I hate green beans and have never ate them since I was little, but I eat this stuff up. I have tried it with real sugar and it wasn't good. (05/10/2006)

By christi

Fried Green Beans

He came to visit with his mother, my sister, and she can't cook them, he got it from his grandmother, on his dad's side and unfortunately I don't know her address or phone number, long story. They were not crisp fried. Thank you for your suggestions, i will be trying them. (05/11/2006)

By jmz2005

Fried Green Beans

We grow French Green Beans in our garden so we've tried many tasty recipes, but in our house the overwhelming favorite recipe remains this:

Into a large saute/fry pan which has been pre-heated to low/med. low, pour 2-4 tbsp. olive oil into the skillet and add 2-4 cloves of thinly sliced garlic. Saute the garlic slowly being very careful not to allow the garlic to brown. Once the garlic is soft, remove it from the oil and set the slices aside. Add the green beans to the oil and add a sprinkling of salt and lots of cracked pepper. Stir to coat the beans and cover. Stew down the beans slowly until desired tenderness, checking and turning often. Once crisp-tender, turn up the heat so beans can brown. Toss constantly until desired browning is reached. Pour in a bowl and garnish with the sauteed garlic. Enjoy!

NOTE: The cooking method is what I would call stew-fried.... Stew down the vegetables slowly to caramelize, then ramp up the heat to get them nice and brown. (07/08/2007)

By ms.whippet

Fried Green Beans

I like to wrap a good handful of trimmed beans, a pat of butter (butter), heavy pinch of salt/pepper in a sheet of foil, and grill em on the Weber until caramelized. Simple and oh so amazing! (07/30/2010)

By Wendy