Chinese Shrimp and Green Beans
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 21, 2020
This is a delicious meal using shrimp and green beans. You can eat this on a bed of rice or noodles, or you can eat it on its own like I do. The beans are carb enough for me and make the shrimp more a star of the plate! I hope you try this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 3/4 lb shrimp, cleaned
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water (optional)
- Heat a bit of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add green beans and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, then add 1/4 cup of water and cover with a lid. Let steam for 10 minutes. Keep checking to make sure the water isn't all gone before the beans are done. Keep adding water by the tablespoon if it goes dry.
- Remove lid, drizzle in a bit of oil, then add onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir in chili sauce.
- Add shrimp. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are fully cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cornstarch/water mixture if you're using it. Stir everything until thickened. This will make it a touch creamier and keep the onion, garlic, and ginger sticking to the beans and shrimp. Serve immediately.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.