Napa Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
Napa cabbage is the original Chinese cabbage with crinkled, long leaves that is used throughout the world for wonderful vegetable dishes. This page contains a Napa cabbage stir fry recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
One of my favourite additions to a stir fry is Napa cabbage. It has many ripply folds in the ends of its leaves, which I find awesome for retaining the flavours that you add to your dish. This causes you to use less seasonings, which can be great for your health, and your wallet! I love this dish as it is or with a side of meat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 small lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 head Napa cabbage, chopped
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and onions. Add juice of half the lemon and cook until a bit browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add some salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, the white parts of the green onions, and the Napa cabbage. Cook a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Make a well in the center and add the soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Mix well then start mixing everything together. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the remaining lemon juice, chili sauce, and the green parts of the green onion. Cook another minute. Mix well and serve.
This is a very healthy stir fry that pairs well with noodles or rice.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.